|| March 31,
Annual Workshop, Herzogenrath, Germany, June 16-18, 2010
From June 16 - 18 we will run this years workshop on computational thermochemistry.
We have already registered a good number of interesting talks from our users
and we would like to invite you cordially to come and join us. In fact, we are
still in a position to accept further talks for the meeting. So please feel
free to let us know in the coming weeks if you would like to present a case
study, a data assessment or an interesting process model.
We would like to use this opportunity to already thank all speakers who have
agreed to contribute a presentation at this workshop. Once more we have received
an excellent echo to our call for presentations and are very pleased to be able
to announce the following list of speakers and subjects:
- Jeroen Heulens, Dept. MM, K.U. Leuven, Belgium: "Phase Field Modeling
of Isothermal Slag Crystallization Using FACT Databases"
- Bart Klaasen, Dept. MM, K.U. Leuven, Belgium: "Exergetic Efficiency Analysis
of a Pyrometallurgical Zinc Recycling Process"
- Johan van Dyk, Sasol Technology, South Africa: "Coal Mineral Behavior
During Gasification: Utilization of Empirical Tests and Thermo-Equilibrium
- Pawel Drozdz, Faculty of Metals Engineering and Industrial Computer Science,
AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland: "Simulation of Deoxidation
and Refining Process Using SimuSage"
- Helge C. Moog, Gesellschaft für Anlagen- und Reaktorsicherheit (GRS)
mbH, Germany: "THEREDA - The Thermodynamic Reference Database for Nuclear
Waste Disposal in Germany"
- Michael Auinger, Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung GmbH, Germany:
"Grain Boundary Oxidation Processes and High Temperature Corrosion"
- Elena Jipnang, SMS Siemag AG, Germany: "Industrial Application of SimuSage
for Metallurgical Processes Simulation"
- Torsten Markus, IEF-2, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany: "Investigations
of Degradation Phenomena in High Temperature Discharge Lamps using Thermo
- Pertti Koukkari, VTT Finland: "From pyro to bio: Applications of the Constrained
Gibbs Energy Method"
- Elena Yazhenskikh, Institut für Energieforschung, Forschungszentrum
Jülich, Germany: "Thermodynamic Optimisation of the System Al2O3-K2O-Na2O-SiO2"
- Bronislava Gorr, Institut für Werkstofftechnik, Universität
Siegen, Germany: "An Extension of the Data-file for the System Co-Re-Cr-C-O:
Sources and Restrictions of the Applicability"
- Sander Arnout, InsPyro, Belgium: "InsPyro: Using Thermodynamics to Inspire
- Robert Emler, Montanuniversität Leoben, Institut für Gesteinshüttenkunde,
Austria: "Assessment of Refractory Corrosion in Cement Clinker Kilns by Means
of Process Simulation"
- Michael Schick, German Aerospace Center (DLR), Germany: "Measurement and
Simulation of Surface Tension of Liquid Steels"
- Andrea Löffler, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Germany:
"SolKin - Successful application of the new program to real Al-alloy cases
- Michael Bäcker, Zenergy, Germany: "ELSA - Production of High Temperature
Superconductor Tapes enhanced by Computational Thermochemistry"
- Pertti Koukkari, VTT, Finland : "New applications of ChemSheet"
- Tanja Jantzen, GTT-Technologies: "Progress in data assessments for HotVeGas"
- Markus Beilmann, Institut für Transurane, Karlsruhe, Germany: "A
thermodynamic study of the LiF-CaF2-ThF4 system by calorimetry and CALPHAD
The venue of the workshop is the Technologiepark Herzogenrath (TPH), Kaiserstrasse
100, 52134 Herzogenrath, Germany, where our offices are located. Please note:
just like last year we will use the conference hall in Building I (next to the
main entrance to the TPH).
If you would like to register for the workshop, please print out and fill in
form and return it by fax as soon as possible to: Ms. Ursula Haese, GTT-Technologies,
DGM European Advanced
Training Course "Computer-Aided Thermodynamics"
As in recent years Prof. Klaus Hack will also this year be one of the trainers
of DGMs (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Materialkunde e.V.) European Advanced
Training Course on "Computer-Aided Thermodynamics". The course will take place
at Maria Laach from June 21 to June 23, 2010. For details please see the course
description on the DGM web site .
from the F*A*C*T Group, CRCT
Our partners at the CRCT
have recently released their latest newsletter. Read for instance about the planned
enhancements and modifications for the next FactSage version, and the annual upcoming
F*A*C*T workshop and conference in May. For the latest news from the CRCT please
consult the F*A*C*T News web pages.